Replacement Window Benefits
- They Are Energy Efficient. The air that slips out of your home may not seem like a big deal, but it is. That’s because the air that’s lost makes up about a quarter of your energy bills! So if your bill is close to $200 every winter, imagine how much of that is simply escaping through your windows. Newer replacement windows are Energy Star certified, and they are coated with special materials that keep the cold air out during the winter and the hot air out during the summer. Keep in mind, too, that windows that are at least 10 years old may still look nice, but they don’t have the same energy-saving properties. New technology has made residential replacement windows great money-savers.
- They Are No-Maintenance. Both vinyl replacement windows and wood replacement windows are easy to maintain. You don’t have to paint them, they won’t crack, splinter, or warp, and the frames need only dusted on the inside or washed with a gentle cleaner on the outside to get rid of dirt.
- They Are Easily Replaced. You can take out a slider and replace it with a double-hung window, or replace a double-hung with a bay window. As long as you have an experienced installer like Mt. Pleasant, you don’t have to worry about switching to a different window type. We can increase the window size from your previous window, too.
- They Are Customizable. You can order architectural designs like half-moons, circles, triangles, and much more to fit the style of your home. The glass can come frosted or with designs.
- They Can Add More Space to Your Home. That’s right! A bay window, which juts out from a home, can give you room inside your home for a garden, a window seat, or decorations. A bay window also provides a great deal of light and circulation.
Subscribe to Mt. Pleasant Window & Remodeling Co.'s Blog